One of the prime projects of BTS is Residential Projects. Now it has 6 Boys Towns, 1 Girls Town and 3 Children Villages.
Children Villages are
- Providing custodial care to the children up to the age of 12 in a homely village atmosphere. Foster Mother’s Care
- Providing balanced diet and medical care.
- Formal education up to 5th standard.
- Opportunities to the children to exhibit their talents in sports,music,art,handicrafts,etc.
- Instilling moral character.
- Providing extra help such as tuition.
- Group Insurance,Annual Medical Check Up.
- Each Foster Mother will take care of 10 children.
Boys Towns/Girls Town
- Boys Towns/Girls Town seeks to help each individual to grow to the fullness of his potential and with an aim of developing them as good citizens.
- Providing extra-curricular activities on handicrafts and club activities such as chess,bird watching etc.
- Encouraging the students to develop a scientific attitude.
- Offers Group Insurance,Annual Medical Check Up.
- Creating awareness on the importance of democracy through the parliamentary system.
- Counseling boys/girls to select a right career and assisting to select worthwhile job suited to their abilities and interests.
- Opportunities to learn Computer Education and Spoken English.
Apprenticeship and Placement:
The following 78 students have been referred to apprentice scheme.
- 9th standard boys – 6
- 10th standard boys – 67
- 12th standard boys – 5
Out of thye above strength 57 boys joined in different trades as in the following data. 5 students scored more than 400 marks, are continuing 11th standard.
In the year 2010-11, 64 students those who have completed their courses successfully placed in appropriate job placements.